Associate Professor Dr Jessie Anne De Bruyne
AM (Mal), FRCP (Edin), MRCP (UK), MBChB (Sheff)
Associate Professor Dr Jessie Anne De Bruyne begun her career at the Dotherham District General Hospital, UK, in 1983 is a member of various national and international professional bodies. Her area of expertise is paediatric respiratory medicine and allergy (asthma/chronic lung disease/atopy). Amongst these, she is a life member of the Malaysian Paediatric Association, functioned as a Board Member of the Lung Foundation of Malaysia in 2004, and sat on the board of the Organising Committee at the Asian Pacific Society of Respirology from 2002-2003. She has contributed to both books and academic journals, the most recent being JHK College of Radiology, Paediatric Allergy Immunology and the international Journal of the World Allergy Organization. She is an active researcher in her area of expertise. Her list of prestigious awards include : 2nd prize free paper oral presentation Asian Oceanic Society of Paediatric Radiology Conference, Bandung, Indonesia 8-10/11/07 Quantitative Ultrasound Assessment of Bone Density in Asthmatic Children treated with Inhaled Steroids Assoc Prof Sazilah Ahmad Sarji, Dr Ting Hai Ching, Jessie A.de Bruyne, Asian Oceanic Society of Paediatric Radiology, 2007; the Excellent Service Award, University of Malaya, 1996, (University); the Excellent Service Certificate 2001, University Malaya, 2001; the Young Investigator Travel Award - SIOP (International Society of Paediatric Oncology)scholarship To attend and present a paper at SIOP XXVI Congress in Paris, France , International Society of Paediatric Oncology, 1994, (International). She is often invited to speak and present with regards to her area of expertise and has contributed to the society by being the Honorary Secretary of the Childrens Asthma Club of Selangor & Wilayah Persekutuan in 1997.
Expert Areas (Clinical Conditions)
- Chronic Lung Disease
Research and Publications:
de Bruyne, J.A. Tuberculosis and BCG vaccine. In Lee, E.L. & Choo, K.E. (eds). Malaysian Immunisation Manual 2001. College of Paediatrics, Academy of Medicine of Malaysia.
de Bruyne,J. Hamzah-Sendut,I. Lelah. Dlm. Ismail, Z & Hamzah-Sendut, I. (eds). Masalah Pediatrik untuk Jururawat, hlm. 27-31. Malaysian Paediatric Association
Yoke-Fun Chan* Faizatul Lela Jafar Anna-Marie Nathan Jessie Anne de Bruyne Ardalinah Hassan Siti Sarah Nor e Sazaly AbuBakar I-Ching Sam Diverse human rhinoviruses A and C from children with respiratory infections in Kuala Lumpur,Malaysia. J Infect (2012), doi:10.1016/j.jinf.2012.03.011 (ISI-Cited Publication)
R Ngui, YAL Lim, SC Chow, JA de Bruyne, CK Liam. 2011. Prevalence of Bronchial Asthma Among Orang Asli in Peninsular Malaysia. Med J Malaysia 66(1):27-31 (SCOPUS-Cited Publication)
Lum Lucy,Abdel-Latif M, de Bruyne J, Nathan A,Gan CS.Non-invasive ventilation in a tertiary pediatric intensive care unit in a middle-income country.Paediatrics Critical Care Medicine 2010;11 (4):1-7 (ISI-Cited Publication) (ISI-Cited Publication)
Lum LC, Abdel-Latif ME, de Bruyne JA, Nathan AM, Gan CS. (ISI-Cited Publication)
Fellowships, Memberships & Professional Affiliations:
- Malaysian Paediatric Association , Members For Life.
- Asian Pacific Association of Paediatric Allergy, Respirology and Immunology , Treasurer, 2004.
- Lung Foundation of Malaysia, Board Member, 2004.
- Asian Pacific Society of Respirology, Organising Committee Member, 2002-2003.
- Malaysian Society of Allergy & Immunology, Organising Committee Member, 2002.
- Malaysian Society of Allergy & Immunology, Exco Member, 2001.
- Asian Federation of Pediatrics, Honorary Secretary, 2000-2002.
- Malaysian Thoracic Society, Honorary Treasurer, 2000.
- Malaysian Thoracic Society, Honorary Treasurer, 1999-2000.
- Asthma Council of Malaysia, Council Member, 1998-2008.
- Malaysian Paediatric Association , Honorary Secretary, 1998-2008.
- Royal College of Physicians United Kingdom, Member, 1983.
Awards and Recognitions:
- 2nd Prize Free Paper Oral Presentation Asian Oceanic Society of Paediatric Radiology Conference, Bandung, Indonesia 8-10/11/07 Quantitative Ultrasound Assessment of Bone Density in Asthmatic Children treated with Inhaled Steroids Assoc Prof Sazilah Ahmad Sarji, Dr Ting Hai Ching, Jessie A.de Bruyne, Asian Oceanic Society of Paediatric Radiology, 2007.
- Excellent Service Award ( Anugerah Perkhidmatan Cemerlang) , University of Malaya, 1996.
- Excellent Service Certificate ( Sijil Perkhidmatan Cemerlang) 2001, University Malaya, 2001.
- Young Investigator Travel Award - SIOP (International Society of Paediatric Oncology) Scholarship To attend and present a paper at SIOP XXVI Congress in Paris, France , International Society of Paediatric Oncology, 1994.