Most individuals access mental health services through their general practitioner or primary care provider. However, some individuals who are seriously affected by their illness can contact or be referred to a specialist mental health service provided by UMSC.
Mental illness includes many disorders that can vary from mild to severe. If your mental illness affects your everyday life, we offer a range of services to help you get the care and support you need.
Our services are open to everyone. We have specialized services to help you access individual care that suits your condition.
Our services focus on recovery and are led by the following principles:
- Individual development and growth to support a sense of hope and optimism
- Recognising that each recovery journey is an individual experience
- Promoting inclusion, equality and collaboration
- Acknowledging people as experts in their own experience
- Understanding that empowerment is key to wellness and recovery
As for the Psychotherapy services in UMSC, we specialize in a psychological intervention named Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, which emphasize on having a structured therapy as best as possible, meaning rather than just talking about whatever comes into the person’s mind, we will concentrate on the aspects that are most helpful and important for the person. This is one of the ways that will be able to keep track of the progress that has been made during the therapy.
The psychological interventions that are available in UMSC include:
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (preferred intervention)
- Positive Psychology
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy
- Gestalt Therapy
- Psychodynamic Therapy
- Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy