Exemplary individualized dietetic care with the highest quality as our patients come first.
The Dietetic Services Department provides comprehensive therapeutic, promotive and preventative nutritional support and dietetic services to optimize and improve recovery, rehabilitation and well-being, tailored for the individual needs of UMSC patients and its community.
Scope of Services:
- Specialized Nutrition Support: To provide optimum nutritional care (Enteral/Parenteral) and inpatient/outpatient monitoring to improve the patient’s nutritional status/outcome/rehabilitation.
- Inpatient or Outpatient Diet Counselling: Giving dietary advice and nutrition education about special diet modification or disease-specific counselling to patients and care-providers.
- Nutrition Intervention and Education Service: Conducting nutrition talks on various topics for the public, UMSC patients/staff and corporate clients.
- Other Services: menu planning, portion guide, healthy recipes, health promotion, diet/recipe modification.
Nutrition and Diet Counselling Provided For:
- Paediatric/ Children/ Adolescent: Fussy eaters, allergies, poor appetite, overweight/obese, poor growth/ failure to thrive etc.
- General Nutrition: Diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, food allergies, weight problems, healthy eating, post surgery, cancer, GI disorders, etc..
- Women’s Health: pregnancy-related, fertility, high blood sugar (impaired glucose/ gestational diabetes), anaemia, weight problems etc.
- Geriatric (Elderly): Poor appetite, nutritional supplementation, modified texture diet (e.g. swallowing problems/dysphagia), weight loss, anaemia etc.